Hiyashi Chuka is a perfect dish to eat when the weather is hot. It’s like a noodle salad and restaurants in Japan add this dish to the menu only in the summer.
• 1 Packet of buckwheat noodles
• 1 Teaspoon of sugar
• 1 Teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
• 1 Teaspoon of soya sauce
• 1 Teaspoon of sesame oil
• ¼ Cup of water
• 1 Cucumber
• 1 Radish
• Agar agar
• 50g Caviar (optional)
1. Add the sugar, rice wine vinegar, soya sauce and sesame oil into a mixer. Mix well and let the sugar dissolve.
2. Wash and peel the radish, and cut into strips.
3. Add the radish, buckwheat noodles, seaweed and some agar agar to the dressing and toss well.
4. Serve in a plate, drop the rest of the dressing into the noodles, and garish with a slice cucumber.
5. Add caviar to the salad for extra colour and a sweet/salty taste (optional).