- 1 800 gm chicken
- 1 tbsp cracked green peppercorns
- 8 stalks lemongrass (lower stalks only)
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp patis
- 1 bird’s eye chili
- 1 cup stock (or as needed)
- a pinch of sugar
- Pound the stalks of lemongrass with the back of a knife.
- Marinate the chicken with lemongrass over night.
- Sauté garlic in oil, add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Add vinegar but do not stir.
- Add peppercorns, salt, patis, sugar and chili. Simmer to cook.