Flash fried Tipperary grass fed rib-eye of prime Hereford beef with a seasoning of foraged west coast seaweed and Atlantic sea salt, sweet caramelized onion with mature Cashel Blue cheese, a local leaf salad with honey mustard salsa and Irish griddle bread. Delicious!
- One 8oz Irish Hereford ribeye.
- A fist full of wild Irish Dillisc or any other seaweed
- Sea salt
- Cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Place an ounce or two of the seaweed in a pestle with the sea salt and grind.
Just before cooking season the steak with this.
- Take one cup chopped raw onion and fry gently with 2 tablespoons Irish cider vinegar and one teaspoon pure unrefined brown sugar.
Fry gently until golden brown and reserve .
- Place the seasoned steak on a hot pan with a little rape seed oil and fry for 5 mins on both side. When cooked remove from heat. Place cooked onion onto the same pan and simmer gently with one tablespoon Cashel blue cheese.
- Take 6 fluid ounces of rapeseed or olive oil and 2 fl ounces of cider vinegar plus one teaspoon Dijon mustard and one teaspoon Irish honey.
- Season with some salt and pepper .
- Place all ingredients in a jam jar with a lid and shake well.
- Place the steak on the plate and serve the Cashel blue onion beside it.
Serve with some griddle bread.
Irish griddle bread:
- 11 oz plain white flour.
- 7.5 fluid oz ounces buttermilk.teaspoon of butter.
- Half a teaspoon salt and half teaspoon soda.
- Place plain flour in a bowl mix in salt and soda
- When well mixed add in butter and blend evenly.
- Make a well in the middle and add in buttermilk.
- Stir gently with your hand and form into a ball.
- Gently flatten and place on a hot griddle for about 8 minutes .
- Turn over and cook the other side for 8mins..
- The bread should sound hollow when tapped .