• 500gm Mustard leaves
• 200gm Spinach
• 200gm Bathuwa
• 3 Garlic cloves
• Ginger root (1 inch)
• 2 Green chillis
• Salt to taste
• 1 Tablespoon maize flour
• 1 Pinch sugar
• 2 Tablespoons ghee
• 1 Asafoetida
• 1 Tablespoon Onions
• 1 Teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1 Pinch turmeric powder
1. Clean and wash the sarson, spinach and bathuwa then chop the leaves finely.
2. Chop the ginger, garlic cloves, and chillies.
3. Pressure cook the spinach, sarson, bathuwa with garlic, ginger and chillies. When cool, grind to a smooth paste.
5. Heat the ghee in a pan, adding onions. Fry until light brown, then add the salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
6. Add the ground saag and simmer for a few minutes.
7. Add the maize flour, red chilli powder, sugar and stir well.
8. Serve hot with paratha or makki ki roti.