• 2 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 fresh chillies, halved, seeded and finely diced
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 slices ginger, finely diced
• 1 spring onion (scallion), finely diced
• ½ head round white cabbage, cut into 2cm squares
• 2 cakes dried tofu, cubed
• 65g (1/3 cup) roasted peanuts, shells and membranes removed
• 1 small stalk fresh celery, tough fibres removed, finey diced
• 2 tbsp fermented hot bean sauce (dou ban jiang)
• 1 tsp sugar
• 2 tsp wine
• 1 tbsp water
1. Cut tofu crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist. Cut slices crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Add chillies, garlic, ginger, spring onion, celery, sliced cabbage; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sauce and cook 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.