Serves 4-6 people
- 6 medium potatoes, peel and cut into large chunks
- ¼ pint double cream
- 2 ½ oz / 75 g butter
- a handful of chives
- a handful of parsley
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 12-15 until tender to a point of a knife.
- Heat the butter and milk together until the butter is thoroughly melted. Blanch the herbs in boiling salted water 2-3 minutes and then drain and rinse thoroughly under very cold water until completely cooled.
- Place blanched herbs in a blender, slowly add the olive oil while the motor is still running to form a smooth puree.
- Mash the potatoes, then add butter and cream. Sir thoroughly until you have a smooth paste.
- Finally fold in herb puree and season generously. Mix well to form a green smooth mash.
Recipe from Merrilees Parker