Serving: 2 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 medium crabs
- 1 bunch dasheen leaves or spinach
- 12 okra or ladyfingers, sliced
- 1 pigtail
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 1 scotch-bonnet pepper, whole
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
1. Strip stalks from dasheen leaves and wash and cut into fine pieces.
2. In a large pot, place crabs, pigtail, green onions, garlic, thyme and onions, okra and onion. Sauté for three to four minutes. Place whole hot pepper in pot, then add 2 cups of boiling water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about one hour or until everything is soft.
3. Remove whole hot pepper. Mix callaloo with hand blender or whisk in the pot until well blended.
4. Serve with rice, potatoes or boiled dasheen root.