- Serpent Head Fish (can be substituted with Snapper or Catfish) 2 fillets
- 3 tbs Fish sauce
- Ground nut oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 Lemongrass, stick finely sliced
- 2 Spring onions (green part only), finely sliced
- 1 Green mango, peeled and shredded
- 2 tbs Fish sauce
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Thai chilli peppers, stem removed
Marinade the fillets in a few tablespoons of fish sauce. Leave for 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in wok (ensure that the oil is no more than halfway up the wok) . When very hot, deep fry the fish until golden brown and fluffy, then remove from the oil and drain.
Make the salsa dressing by pounding the Thai chilli peppers roughly with a pestle and mortar. Transfer the chillies into a salad bowl.
Season the dressing with fish sauce for saltiness, sugar for sweetness, and the lime juice for sourness.
Put the shredded mango, shallots, lemongrass, coriander and spring onions into the salad bowl and toss.
Serve the mango salad with the crispy fish.
Recipe by McDang