- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh galangal
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- rind of 1 kaffir lime
- 2 tablespoons of ground dried red chillies
- fish sauce
- holy basil ( if unavailable, sweet basil can be used)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 chicken fillets sliced into small chunks
- 1 cup baby eggplants
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
To make the paste, grind and mash all the ingredients together in a mortar until a thick paste, red paste is formed.
To make the curry, first heat the wok until very hot and add the coconut cream until it begins to boil.
Then add the chicken and red paste and fry together for a few minutes.
Next, add the coconut milk, fish sauce and baby eggplant along with the fresh chillies and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice.
Recipe by the Kesorn family, Ayutthaya