Ingredients- Serves 4
- 2 cups wheat, boiled
- 2 large handfuls of Purslane, cleaned and stems removed
- handful of various fresh green herbs, chopped
- 2 capsicum peppers (one raw, one roasted), julienned
- 1 white onion, chopped
- For the garnish
- ½ pickled red onion
- 250g white Turkish cheese (feta or similar), crumbled
- For the dressing:
- couple of glugs of olive oil
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- pomegranate molasses, to taste
- 1. Slice the onion and mix with salt, sugar and white wine vinegar. Set aside to rest.
- 2. Mix together the wheat with the chopped herbs and the half of the dressing.
- 3. Add the remaining dressing to the purslane, fresh onions, and capsicum peppers (raw and roasted) and mix.
- 4. Toss together the wheat mix and purslane mix and garnish with the pickled red onions and crumbled white cheese.