Watch Bobby preparing this fresh and zingy seafood dish here: http://vimeo.com/5186265
(Courtesy of Director Ian Sciacaluga)
- Fish (Grouper)
- 2 onions
- 3 bell peppers
- Cut grouper thin to marinate quickly.
- Citric acid of the lime which actually cooks the fish by a process called denaturation.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes, then onions.
- Chop the onions and sprinkle them in.
- Let them mix with the juice.
- Add 3 bell peppers, but also apply the pomelo to cut the acidity (Tip: Pomelo is a mildly sweet grapefruit from South East Asia).
- Add in grated coconut, but be sure to drain the juice.
- Lastly, peel off the outer layer of the nutmeg, which in itself is a tasty spice called mace.
- Mix it about a bit, and the ceviche is ready!