• 3 grilled and peeled eggplants
• 100ml lemon juice
• 150 ml olive oil
• 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 2 heads of crushed garlic
• pomegranate grains for decoration
• 100g crushed walnuts for decoration
• 50ml pomegranate molasses for decoration
• Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Prick eggplant with a fork in several places and grill for 10-15 minutes. Turn frequently, until the skin blackens/blisters and the flesh begins to soften.
3. Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and bake until very soft (15-20 mins.)
4. Remove from oven. When cool, peel off and discard the skin.
5. Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl and mash to a paste.
6. Add the lemon juice, garlic, chopped peppers and mix. Then add salt to taste.
7. Drizzle with olive oil, and decorated with the pomegranate grains, walnuts, and pomegranate molasses.