• 2 Tiger prawns
• ½ Fish head
• 4 Scallops – cut into halves
• 4 Fish steaks – slice into pieces
• 2 Pieces of bean curd skin
• 1 Bowl of pearl/glutnous rice – washed & Drained
• 1 Bowl of white rice– washed & Drained
• 1 Century egg – diced
• Young ginger – shredded
• Chinese celery – shredded
• 2 Tbsp sesame oil
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash and clean the fish head and bring it to boil with cold water.
2. Remove the fish head and drain the fish stock.
3. Mix the pearl rice and white rice to cook in the fish stock and cook for 20 mins.
4. Break the bean curd skin into smaller pieces and add into the congee.
5. Add 3 quarts of water to the rice and boil for 20 mins (keep stirring).
6. Wash and clean seafood, prawns, fish pieces, and scallop and season with salt.
7. Cook the rice and bean curd skin until is thick and mushy. Add more water when necessary
8. Spoon the rest of the seafood ingredients and continue to simmer on low heat for 20 mins until the congee is cooked
9. Diced the century egg and add to the congee
10. Season to taste and remove from heat. Served garnished with finely shredded ginger and Chinese celery.