Serving: 4 – 6 servings
Preparation time: 50 minutes
- 5 un-waxed limes
- 20 fl oz double cream
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2½ fl oz Cachaca
- biscuits to serve
1. Zest the limes using the fine side of a grater. Next squeeze the juice from one of limes and thinly slice the remaining ones.
2. Pour the cream into a large clean bowl. Add the sugar and then using a large balloon whisk beat the sugar and cream together until well combined. Fold in the Cachaca and whisk again for a couple more minutes. Finally add the lime zest and juice and whisk again until the mixture forms soft peaks.
3. Pour into a large glass bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then remove from the freezer and place in the fridge for a further 10 minutes.
4. Dress with the remaining lime slices and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Pousada do Amparo