• Cup rajma beans (soaked in water overnight)
• 3/4 Cup whole black gram (urad) (soaked in water overnight)
• 3 Onions, chopped finely.
• 2 Teaspoons garam masala powder.
• 2 Teaspoons chilli powder.
• 1 Teaspon turmeric powder.
• 1 Tablesppon ginger-garlic paste.
• 2 Ggreen chillies, slit lengthwise.
• 2 Tablespoons cream
• 4 Tablespoons ghee.
• 1 Cup coriander leaves, chopped finely.
• Salt to taste
• 5 Cups whole wheat flour, sieved.
• 1 Cup ghee, melted.
• 2 Tablespoons curd.
• Salt to taste
Method (Dhal & Dumplings):
1.Pressure cook the rajma and black gram till it becomes soft.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of oil. Add onions. Brown them.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste then fry.
4. Add all the masalas, beans and salt. Simmer till well blended. The gravy should be thick.
5. Pour over cream and ghee.
6. Knead a soft dough with flour, ghee, curd, salt and just enough water. Roll into lemon-sized balls. Cover and keep for 1 hour. Then roast in batches on hot coals till puffed and golden outside and spongy inside.
7. Keep hot. Garnish the dal with coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
8. Dip the hot dumplings in the dal while eating.
• Wheat flour 200gm
• Ghee 400gm
• Khoya / Mawa 100gm
• Sugar (grounded) 200gm
• Cardamom (small) 4
• Dalchini (1 inch)
1. Melt 150gm of ghee and mix it in wheat flour.
2. Make a stiff dough using very little water.
3. Heat the rest of the ghee in a kadahi.
4. Make about 15-20 balls with the dough.
5. Fry it on low flame till it becomes golden brown.
6. Churn it in grinder after it cools down. Mix khoya.
7. Heat 1 tbsp. ghee in kadahi. Add cardamom seeds and dalchini.
8. Add the above mixture of wheat flour and khoya. Fry it for one minute.
9. When it cools down and add sugar.
10. Mix well. Serve in a plate.