• 2 cups sweet glutinous rice (malagkit)
• 2 to 2½ litres water (depending on the consistency preferred)
• 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, dissolved in ½ cup hot water
• dried fish
1. Wash the rice a couple of times in a pan and pour the water out.
2. Pour 2 litres of water into the same pan with the rice. Allow this to boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the cocoa powder dissolved in hot water into the boiling rice and stir.
4. Simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes while stirring constantly. Letting it simmer will allow the mixture to thicken and stirring it will keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Place in serving bowls. For every serving, add about a quarter of a cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
6. Fry the dried fish in oil till crispy then serve along with the porridge.