• Duck – 1
• Water – 4 litres
• Honey – 6 tablespoons
• Soy sauce – 4 tablespoons
• Rice wine vinegar – 125ml
• Scallion/leek cut into short sticks– 1 small bowl
• Cucumber cut into sticks – 1 small bowl
• Hoisin sauce – 1 small bowl
• Chinese pancakes – 1 packet
1. Blow air into duck for half a minute.
2. Make a 2-inch silt under the wing to gut the duck.
3. Submerse the duck in a big pail of water to clean its insides.
4. Then pour boiling water all over the duck to tighten its skin.
5. Place the water, honey, wine and vinegar in a wok, bring the water to the boil.
6. Then pour this mixture all over the duck.
7. Hang the duck with a fan blowing at it to dry the skin for 4-6 hours.
8. Finally place it in a hot oven (200 degrees) to roast it for 40-60 minutes.
9. When the duck is roasted, proceed to the carving of the duck.
10. Note: 80% of the cut meat should have both skin and meat.
11. Place duck meat, apiece of scallion or leek, a piece of cucumber together with some Hoisin sauce on the Chinese pancake and wrap the pancake around the stuffing.
12. The Peking Duck dish is ready to be served.