• 2 pounds skinned, de-boned chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 cup corn starch
• A Little fresh ground black pepper, ground ginger and garlic powder to season flour (not a lot)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 Eggs
• Vegetable oil
• 1 Green bell pepper, washed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch square bits
• 1 Red bell pepper, washed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch square bits
• 1 Large yellow onion, skinned, root end removed, cut into 1/2-inch bits
• 1 20-Ounce can pineapple chunks in juice (no added sweeteners)
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
• 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
• 1 Tablespoon of lea and perrin
• 1 Tablespoon of OK sauce
• ¼ Cup of rice vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon sour plum juice
• 1 Cup water
• 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
• 2 Rounded tablespoons corn starch mixed in enough cold water to make a slurry
1. Mix all the sweet and sour sauce and leave it a side.
2. Cut all the vegetables into bite-sized chunks.
3. When cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces, remove any fat, gristle or connective tissue.
4. Marinate the chicken with egg, sugar, group pepper and cornstarch. Mix well
5. Heat to deep-frying temperature with vegetable oil
6. Dunk pieces of chicken in the egg and milk mixture. Allow excess to drain.
7. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour coating thoroughly.
8. Drop pieces into the hot oil and fry until deep golden brown. Turn as necessary to cook evenly on all sides.
9. When golden brown, remove to paper towel covered plate to drain.
10. Repeat until all chicken pieces are cooked. Set aside until assembly.
Leave some oil into frying pan, add the onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes.
11. Add the chicken and pineapple and finally the sweet and sour sauce.
12. Cook for another 5-10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Simmer until heated through. Serve.