Ingredients – Marinade:
• 4 Tablespoons yoghurt
• 2 Teaspoons garlic paste
• 1 Teaspoon Zinger Paste
• 1 Teaspoon red chilli paste
• 1 Teaspoon garam masala powder
• Salt to taste
Ingredients – Gravy:
• 3 Onions (medium)
• 100gm Cashew nuts
• 6 Cloves garlic
• Zinger (2 inches)
Blend the above ingredients to a curry paste with one glass of water and then boil it for half an hour.
Ingredients – Garam Masala Powder:
• 10 Tablespoons coriander seeds
• 3 Tablespoons cumin seeds
• 5 Tablespoons black peppercorns
• 3 Tablespoons black cardamom seeds
• 1 Tablespoon green cardamom
•½ Tablespoon cloves
• 4 Pieces Nutmeg
• A few cinnamon sticks
Grind all the above ingredients together
Method – preparing the chicken:
• 100gm Clarified butter
• ½ Teaspoon chopped garlic
• 1 Chopped onion
• 1 Chopped tomato
• 1 Teaspoon chopped zinger
• ½ Teaspoon red chilli powder
• 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
• Salt to taste
Method – Marinade:
1. Mix the yoghurt, zinger/garlic paste, red chilli paste, garam masala powder, and salt together.
2. Mix the chicken in marinade and leave for half an hour.
3. Roast the marinated chicken in a tandoor for approx. 15-minutes until it is 75% done.
4. To prepare chicken, heat 100gm of clarified butter in a heavy pan. Then put 1½ teaspoons of chopped garlic into the pan, and stir until sizzling.
5. Add 1 chopped onion, a teaspoon of chopped zinger, and keep stirring until golden brown. Then add 2 chopped tomatoes and cook them until they have slightly reduced.
6. Add the tandoori chicken and gravy into the pan, a teaspoon of garam masala powder, a small amount of red chilli powder, and some salt to taste. Stir all the ingredients together then cook it for another 5 minutes over a gentle heat to thicken the gravy.
7. Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander, a few slivers of zinger, and a dash of single cream and butter.