• Tea Oil (extracted from tea plant seedlings)
• 12 Red dates
• 1 Chicken thigh cut to small cubes
• 2 Cloves of garlic
• 2 Slices of ginger
• 1 Small glass of rice wine
• 1 Glass of Oolong tea*
• Fresh tea leaves
* Prepared by pouring hot water over dried tea leaves – then set aside for 15 minutes.
1. Fry the garlic and ginger in tea oil specially prepared by Shi Fang Tea Restaurant until fragrant.
2. Add in the chicken thigh pieces and fry.
3. Pour in the rice wine and stir well.
4. Add in the red dates and the oolong tea
5. Let the mixture simmer.
6. Before serving, put in the fresh tea leaves and cover the pot for 5 minutes.