Scandinavia Recipes – Butter Fried Angler Fish with Shrimps & Chantarelles
• 800g angler fish, cut in eight slices
• 200g fresh shrimps
• 200g chantarelles, small and nicely pealed
• handful of finely cut chives
• picked dill
• 1 onion finely diced
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 1dl cream
1. Peel the shrimps and save all the shells. Fry the onion with a few drops of oil, add the tomato purée and the shrimp shells, fill with water and cover.
2. Boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain and reduce the liquid until approx. 1 decilitre is left.
2. Fry the chantarelles in butter, when nicely coloured, add the cream and the shrimp mix, boil until the consistence is that of a light stew. Season with salt and pepper. When served, add chives and shrimps.
3. Flavour the angler fish with salt and put it on a table cloth to dry before frying.
4. Fry the fish in a medium hot pan with butter, make sure you get a golden colour on both sides.
Serve with the dill boiled potatoes.