This dish is good for cooling you down in summer – it cleanses the blood and removes toxins from the system.
- 500g fresh mussels (scrubbed, steamed until open, and with shells removed)
- 500g fresh cockles (as above)
- 1 pack thin rice noodles
- 200g cucumber (sliced into matchsticks)
- 200g fresh bamboo shoots (sliced into matchsticks)
- 100g sliced Zi Shu Seaweed
- large pot of chicken or vegetable stock
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- Add the shellfish, cucumber and bamboo shoots, followed by the noodles.
- Steam for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the seaweed.
- Serve immediately.
Main image: Seafood Noodle Soup, Joe Loong, Flickr Creative Commons