Apple tart variation using blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and grapes
- 200 g / 8 oz of plain flour
- ½ tea spoon salt
- 100 g / 4 oz of unsalted butter
- ½ cup / 125 ml of water (room temperature)
- 4 tasty eating apples
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups / 375 ml of double cream
- 1 large egg
- Rub butter into flour and salt.
- Add water to make a dough and stir with a knife and then form a ball with your hands.
- Roll out the pastry evenly and line a pie dish. Leave in the fridge.
- Peel, quarter and core the apples and cut into thin slices. Neatly arrange the apples on the pastry.
- Whisk the egg and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the double cream slowly and cinnamon. Whisk thoroughly all together so the cinnamon does not make any lumps.
- Pour the cream mixture over the apples.
- Place the apple tart in a hot oven 375F/190C for 25 minutes, until golden on top.
Serve with good vanilla ice-cream.
Recipe from Judith Lemoine