Singapore Recipes – Laksa Pesto
Ingredients (makes 1 cup)
- 2 cups fresh laksa leaves, packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chilli padi
- 1/3 cup of candle nuts & sun flower seeds
- 1 bulb garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine the laksa leaves in with the nuts and seeds, pulse a few times in a food processor.
2. Add the shrimps and garlic, pulse a few times more.
3. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
4. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended.
5. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.