Black Beans 175 Grams
White Long Grain Rice 250 Grams
Pork 400 Grams
Water 1 Ltr
Garlic 8 Cloves
Bay Leaf 1
Olive Oil 2 tbls
White Pepper 2 Pinches
Cumin 1 Pinch
Oregano 1 tsps
- Soak black beans over night and leave in the same water.
- Add water and beans to 1 litre hot water and bring back to the boil. Simmer until water turns darker black, (20 mins).
- Dice one onion and add 5 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 pinch of white pepper, 1 pinch of cumin, 1tsp of oregano, 1 bay leaf.
Sweat in 1 tbls of olive oil until onion browns slightly.
- Add white rice to black beans and water. 20mm below surface.
- Add onion and garlic mixture to rice and beans.
- Cube the pork and add 3 cloves of crushed garlic. Season with 1 pinch of white pepper, 1 pinch of cumin and 1 tsp oregano.
- Sear the pork mixture in 1 tbl of olive oil until it is browned, but not completely cooked through.
- Add the pork mixture to the rice and beans and simmer for 25 to 30 mins. Serve piping hot.