Pork and Shrimp Dim Sum by Pockafwye, Flickr Creative Commons Licence
Stuffing – Ingredients
- 500g finely chopped green leeks (finely chopped)
- 150g mixed lean and fatty pork (finely chopped or minced)
- 100g raw shrimp (diced)
- 2 tbsps of chicken stock powder
- 2 tbsps of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of softened pork fat or lard
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend the ingredients thoroughly by hand and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Pastry – Ingredients
- 500g wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 750g hot water
Slowly blend ingredients into a dough and refrigerate for one hour.
- Before making the dumplings bring the water in a steamer to the boil and place a piece of greaseproof paper in the steamer.
- Roll out the pastry until thin and cut out into 4 inch discs. Place a small ball of stuffing in the centre, fold over and crimp the edges to form a crescent shaped dumpling.
- Place dumplings on the paper in the boiling steamer, making sure they don’t touch each other. Steam in batches for about 7 minutes each and set aside.
- Shallow fry on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately.